Linguistic Audit, Web Writing, Site Localization, Content Translation, how can I help you?
Senior French Content & Language Consultant
- Do you want YOUR Message to be heard in French?
My commitment to you : I WILL MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO DELIVER THE RIGHT MESSAGE AT THE RIGHT TIME!
- Do you need documents translated from English and/or Italian into French?
Congratulations! You have just found your one-stop resource online!
- Do you need your website to be localized in French?
Congratulations! You've just found your future localization partner!
I've been in the translation business for 25 years, working exclusively from English (and Italian) into French. I have many years of experience in translation and have established a reputation for excellence in French.
Please take a look at the extensive practice and knowledge I have acquired over these past two decades in my activity as a professional translator.
Formerly specialized in translating technical and scientific documents, I currently work in all linguistic matters related to French - from high-impact marketing content to Web communication and copywriting - and deliver some value added services in French Localization and I even perform Linguistic Audits on websites.
So, if you are looking for a talented wordsmith to write your copy and promote your products or services, and if you're searching for a professional solution ON TIME, ON BUDGET, and TRUE TO YOUR SPECIFICATIONS, I will be glad to carry out an optimized Localization of your site in French.
Each job is treated individually like a hand-crafted, custom-made piece of art - no automated work here.
But, if your website has already been localized, you probably would like to know how it sounds to a Frenchman. Does it feel authentic?
In that case, I CAN PERFORM A COMPREHENSIVE LINGUISTIC AUDIT:
1) Lexical Analysis - Words:
Lexical cohesion, consistency of phraseology used, co-occurrence analysis and compliance of terminology (i.e. with your specific domain, your in-house terminology, etc.)...
2) Semantic Analysis - Meaning:
Identification of eventual ambiguities in "localized" translation units; content analysis according to the field or to the LSP (Languages for Special Purposes),
3) Syntactical Analysis - Architecture:
Grammatical construction, order and arrangement of words, relations and connections between utterances, structural aspects of text.
4) Stylistic Analysis - Style:
Tone, communicational intent (5W+2H approach), marketing or advertising goals, slogans, form analysis (spelling, orthotypography, punctuation, diacritical marks)
5) Pragmatic Analysis - Discourse:
Textual cohesion, organization and hierarchization of text, "text markers" (structuring units and interactional elements), contextualization (context and co-text),
Here is a sample of our trade proposal, including, but not limited to, the following services :
FRENCH WEBSITE LOCALIZATION
- Audit of Language and Content and Development of existing Sites
- Localization and Optimization of existing Sites
- Language and Content Creation and Administration of new Sites
MULTILINGUAL WEBSITE LOCALIZATION
Same Services Offering as above in collaboration with a preferred Translation Partner.
TERMINOLOGY CREATION (ENGLISH - ITALIAN - FRENCH)
- Creation of monolingual, bilingual and/or trilingual terminological resources for the Public and/or Private Sector
- Creation of content in parallel with texts already translated (for automatic extraction of phraseology or terms)
- Creation of general glossaries and lexicons
- Creation of field- or project-specific terminology database
- Creation of reusable translation memories (© Translation 2.0 SAS)
FRENCH TRANSLATIONS (FROM ENGLISH AND ITALIAN)
- Marketing material
- Print advertisements
- Direct mail campaigns
- Informational and promotional publications
- Presentations and press releases
- Training manuals/educational materials
- User’s guides
- Service manuals and product packaging
- Specification and data sheets
- All technical and scientific documentation
- Legal documents and contracts
- Highly-sensitive business correspondence
- Corporate newsletters, ...
EXPERT REPORTS AND CERTIFIED/SWORN TRANSLATIONS (ENGLISH - ITALIAN - FRENCH)
- Communication campaign and strategy in French
- Adaptation and Copywriting
INTERPRETATION AND CONFERENCE SERVICES IN ROME, ITALY
Please, draw attention to the fact that Translation 2.0 SAS does high-profile work and only accepts new business with serious content/resource-based sites and projects. So, feel free to tell us about yours and ask for a proposal or get a price estimate. I will do my utmost and advise you on the best possible solution.
To conclude, in a very challenging environment like the translation and localization market, we believe that actual work experience and the reputation of our customers are the best references attesting to a translation company’s ability to compete. Thus, you’ll find in this section a short presentation of major clients and achievements of Translation 2.0 di Jean-Marie Le Ray SAS.
Thanks for your time.
Rome, Italy, May 2011